After a stupidly long and unsuccessful effort of solving my previous problem I decided to seek advice from Dr Graham. Of course when I came to his office he solved my problem within seconds. The reason, it turns out, that Overview was not reading my file was that I had an additional, unneeded, blank space in the top column after the word ‘text’. BLAST!!!
The good news is that I am now on to bigger and more important things, putting Overview to use and analyzing the conversation itself. I have only looked at the first ten minutes of audio but already I have begun to see a pattern. Overview has helped me see the most commonly used word in the file, that word being ‘digital’. It then follows this word, and other words that it sees less frequently, for example ‘humanities’, ‘library’ and ‘technology’, through the conversation by separating them into separate files. I took a screen shot (see below) so that you can understand more clearly.